It’s that time of year when I’m soooo over winter and thinkin’ spring!! Can’t wait to open my windows and feel a warm breeze comin’ through those grimy windows. ☺ This year, I’m goin’ greener with cleaning products and using fewer nasty chemicals.
Magical household cleaning products include vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide & Dawn dish washing liquid—the blue kind. Vinegar and hydrogen peroxide kills tons of bacteria, molds and viruses. Peroxide works much like bleach without harmful effects.
Do not mix vinegar and peroxide in the same bottle! It creates a chemical that is NOT GOOD. However, for super-duper cleaning you can mist one and then the other. Just don’t mix ‘em! Beware, vinegar can damage marble or other polished stone; use peroxide.
Baking soda is scrubbing power! Sprinkle on nasty tub grunge, mist with vinegar and watch it bubble away soap scum!
Use these two cleaning concoctions as guides and adjust to your level of yuck!
• Pour equal parts of Dawn and vinegar into a spray bottle and gently shake. Heat the vinegar in the microwave for extra POW!
• One part Dawn & two parts peroxide— remember peroxide has a whitening effect so careful with color!
• Water Rings disappear by rubbing a bit of non-gel toothpaste on it and buffing with a cloth.
• Kill germs on doorknobs with full-strength vinegar OR peroxide and wipe dry.
• Brighten a load of white laundry by adding a cup of peroxide.
• Disinfect kids’ toys by spraying with peroxide.
• Zap pesky fruit flies by setting out a dish of undiluted vinegar.
• Keep the kitty off of a surface by misting with vinegar. They hate the smell.
• Kill grass between patio bricks by spreading salt between them; then sprinkle with water.
• Cut a lemon in half, dip in salt and rub on copper or brass to remove stains (not brass plated).
• Use Vinegar & water for window cleaner and wipe with coffee filters. They’re lint free!
Get your sparkle on! Save money & the environment. Shoot me an email if you have a terrific tip to share! email@example.com